The classic cosmetic restoration, PFM remains a popular restorative option after nearly 60 years in service. Our porcelain specialist build a lifelike crown on top of a durable metal coping for a restoration that nearly matches the strength of full-cast crowns without sacrificing cosmetic appeal.
Our PFMs can be used for crowns and bridges (up to fourteen units). PFMs can be manufactured to non-precious, semi-precious, and yellow high noble copings and can be used in conjunction with cast partials and implants.
The ideal preparation for PFMs is a chamfer margin preparation. If a porcelain labial margin is prescribed, then a shoulder margin preparation is required.
Feather-edge margin preparations are indicated for full-cast restorations.
- Panavia 21 – tin plated
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)
- Zinc Phosphate Polycarboxylate
- Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX, 3M ESPE)
If an adjustment is required on the ceramic, use a fine diamond with water and air to keep the crown cool.
To contour the ceramic, polish with a pink rubber wheel and diamond polishing paste (Brasseler, Shofu, Vident).
- D2750 Crown Porcelain fused to high noble
- D2751 Crown Porcelain fused to non-precious
- D2752 Crown Porcelain fused to semi-precious
- D6750 Crown Porcelain fused to high noble (bridge units)
- D6751 Crown Porcelain fused to non-precious (bridge units)
- D6752 Crown Porcelain fused to semi-precious (bridge units).